Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I will be cooking...(and baking)

I am a socially inspired, media networked, roller derby referee, but in my heart a hard core foodie.
I cook for friends, family and coworkers.
If you are in anyway close to me, I have probably forced you to eat a food product I have made.

With this blog I hope to chronicle the foods I cook and the treats I bake and hope to inspire others along the way with pictures, recipes and cooking anecdotes of past, present and future. The first anecdote I will share with you is my earliest memory of being in a kitchen.

I was probably two years old and I was sitting on the floor in the kitchen of my parents first house in Alva. My mother had a child sized set of Tupperware that I was playing with and I managed to get eggs out of the refrigerator and crack them all over the floor. 

Since then, I have always found comfort in a kitchen, especially in my grandparents kitchen, and some of my favorite memories are from around the family table at my parents or grandparents house. I cook for relaxation and love. I bake for meditation and solitude. And I date so I don't have to do my dishes.

2 comments:

  1. I expect to see some yummy treats in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I love the ending about why you date ;)

    ReplyDelete