Monday, January 24, 2011

Thursday's homework

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/technology/personaltech/20basics.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&ref=todayspaper

I am glad that social sharing applications on phones and other media devices are making it easier for technically challenged people to decide who they do and don't want to share things with. I find it to be a great annoyance when people on my Facebook "friends" list post pictures of their babies first dirty diaper and how cute they are when they spit up...well maybe it isn't that extreme, but keep the sharing of that to the beaming grandparents and doting relatives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/fashion/20close.html?ref=todayspaper

If only this had been my idea, but alas, I wouldn't have been able to be as a person as he is to celebrities and their constant drama. I would go up to them, talk to them, and try to get them to use common sense to figure out their lives and get things together. But I applaud Mr. Eng for being able to rise above that and create a successful  blog that gives people a better look at the lives of famous celebrities instead of the paparazzi and tabloid fiddle-faddle we read on a daily basis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/20/garden/20Domestic.html?pagewanted=2&sq=secret%20spaces&st=cse&scp=1

Some of my favorite things to read are those that magically take you to the location where they are taking place without having to actively using your imagination. While reading this story, I could feel the coldness of the wind, smell the earthy branches, and hear the muffled arguments. I understood the emotions the boys were going through without ever having gone through them myself.  

2 comments: