Thursday, April 7, 2011

Warmer Weather

For those of you who know me...which many in this class do not...you would know I despise the hot and sticky summers in Oklahoma. I hate sweating and sweat in general. My old man garden gnome can attest to that. Sweat is icky. So is animal hair, chorizo, and stomach aches.

The best way to get over the gross heat of the summer is to make iced coffee drinks with cold brewed coffee. Who woulda thought you could make coffee cold. Well you can, and it is awesome! I can't drink coffee from a coffee maker straight because my delicate sensibilities find it to be bitter. Cold brew coffee takes out this bitterness though.

My favorite way to do it is to mix it with some cold filtered water, organic half and half and flavored syrup. (Peppermint schnapps and Caramel Bailey's  make it in the mix when I am feeling naughty!)

Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
1/3 cup course ground coffee
1 1/2 cups filtered water

Mix coffee and water together and let sit out on your counter overnight or for 12 hours. Strain grounds out of the liquid with a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth and enjoy!

You can mix this cold for iced coffee or do half concentrate, half water and heat it in the microwave for a great cup of hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment